We Are Hunt, We Are McFarland, and What Else?Posted: February 15, 2017
Who are we these Hunts and related McFarlands who can trace back to North Carolina to Rutherford County (Hunt) and Orange County (McFarland and perhaps Hunt).
- I know from records and research that my line is at least seven generations of the Hunt surname.
- I know from family tradition shared as late as 1852 that we are some unknown number of generations of the McFarland surname. (A McFarland boy or orphan was adopted or took the Hunt name from a Hunt family with which he lived.)
- We might or not be McFarlands or MacGregors even though by Y-DNA I was identified as of “Hidden MacGregors of Clan MacFarlane” just in the last year or so.
- I have been accepted into membership by Clan MacFarlane Worldwide and The Clan Gregor Society within the last year.
- Two latest references I have seen lists those of our group(s) as “MacFarland or MacFarlane/MacFarlin, hidden MacGregors” in one instance and “Scots Modal Highlanders B.”
The search continues as we seek records which will confirm the names and locations of ancestors back beyond the known seven generations.